Searching for a good movie to watch on YouTube? Well, search no more.
Ever since the rise of internet users in India, more and more people want to consume entertainment through their phones and PC. People prefer to watch movies online rather than on TV or going to an actual cinema theater.
YouTube has played a pivotal role in offering good movies for free on their platform. That’s why it is the most famous video streaming platform in India.
Thanks to YouTube there are plenty of Bollywood movies that you can watch for free. With new content popping up regularly, there’s so much to watch that it will blow your mind.
Here’s a list of 18 Highly Rated Bollywood movies on YouTube for free. Just grab a bucket of popcorn and start watching.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO WATCH FULL MOVIES
1. Phir Hera Pheri
- Logline: After getting rich and owning a big bungalow, the trio is all set to double their wealth with Raju initiating the bet.
- Year: 2006
- Genre: Comedy
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Sunil Shetty, Paresh Rawal
The most liked Hindi comedy film of the 21st century is available for free on YouTube. From Hera Pheri (the prequel) in 2000 to trending memes on Instagram in 2020, this movie has entertained the Indian audience in ways more then its directors could have ever thought of.
With money comes the greed for more money and that’s what led Raju to get cheated by a con artist giving off one crore hoping for his money to double in 21 days.
Though it is hard to believe if anyone would have missed watching this masterpiece, it’s always a good idea to rewatch stuff like this anytime weather you are looking to kill time or are in a family get together.
- Logline: A real-life story based on the Iraq-Kuwait and role of a brave Indian businessman to help his countrymen stranded in the conflict zone.
- Year: 2016
- Genre: Biographical Drama
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Nimrat Kaur, Kumud Mishra
In the past few years, we have seen Akshay Kumar doing some patriotic movies and Airlift is one of them. It is based on a true incident that went down in history as one of the biggest achievements of India.
In 1990, Iraq forces invaded Kuwait causing a lot of turmoil in the country. Worried for the welfare of his family, Akshay’s character tries to find ways to get them out of Kuwait and back to India.
It is one of those movies that every Indian should watch and appreciate how lucky we are to be born in India. Overall the movie is great and worth your time.
3. Go Goa Gone
- Logline: 3 friends having a good time on a remote island on goa wakes up to know that the island is infested with zombies.
- Year: 2013
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
- Cast: Saif Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu, Vir Das
One of my friends insisted that I should watch this movie and one day out of curiosity I searched for it on youtube and was surprised to know that full movie was available on youtube. The movie is one of its kind and doesn’t let you lose interest for even a minute.
The story of three friends on an island getting chased by zombies does seem a little messy at first but the comical punches and top-notch acting by the cast make it a must-watch for all Hindi viewers.
Around mid-January, there had been an announcement the sequel of Go Goa Gone will be released in 2021 and will feature aliens instead of zombies.
4. Gangs of Wasseypur
- Logline: A two-part crime thriller about a deadly blood feud between two families from Wasseypur that runs to three generations.
- Year: 2012
- Genre: Crime, Comedy, Action
- Cast: Manoj Bajpayee, Richa Chadha, Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Ranked at 59th place among the 100 best films of the 21st century by The Guardian, Gangs of Wasseypur is one of the most ambitious gangster movies ever made in Bollywood.
There are more than enough reason not to skip watching this one of which the first is the presence of some of the most talented actors in the movie like Nawazuddin, Manoj Vajpayee, Piyush Mishra, and Pankaj Tripathi and then the compelling story writing, extraordinary narratives, and the songs submerge you in the Wasseypur vibes.
Both the parts are available on youtube and there were rumors that there will be a 3rd part coming up but the director Anurag Kashyap has distinctly discarded such rumors.
5. Golmaal, Fun unlimited
- Logline: Four notorious friends plan refuge in a bungalow owned by a blind couple.
- Year: 2006
- Genre: Comedy, Action, Drama
- Cast: Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Sharman Joshi
One of the most successful Bollywood franchise, Golmaal, is also accessible on YouTube. Directed by Rohit Shetty, the movie superbly merges different aspects of the story like the childish play of four leads, sentiments of blind couples, gangsters chasing treasure, etc and presents an entertaining show to the viewers.
You may have watched it once but rewatching stuff like this too promises you a good time. Few of its other parts are also uploaded on YouTube by some unknown sources, so if you want to skip this part you can always hop to some another sequel on YouTube.
- Logline: 2 Gangster brothers are finding it difficult to get their sister engaged because no one wants to tie up in a relationship with gangsters.
- Year: 2007
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor, Katrina Kafi, Parvesh Rawal
The highest-grossing movie after Om Shanti Om in 2007, Welcome was highly appreciated by the viewers all over India. Filled with legend actors who are well known for their funny acting make this movie a blast.
Each character has been depicted neatly and almost every lead possesses a unique characteristic that drives them to misfortunes and produces an amusing sight to the viewers.
This 2 hours 40 min long movie is full of entertaining punches that will keep you hooked even if you have decided to rewatch.
7. Bahubali: The Beginning
- Logline: A story of a kingdom and it’s Prince who is loved by his people but not by his family.
- Year: 2015
- Genre: Fantasy, Historical Drama
- Cast: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Ramya Krishnan
Well I know, Bahubali is not a Bollywood movie but you’ll have to agree that this movie deserves to be in this list of best movies on YouTube. One of the biggest movies in India, Bahubali showed everyone that the Indian movie industry too can create world-class content.
In a fantasy kingdom of Mahishmati which is a mighty Kingdom with a strong monarchy, the desire for power leads to war and betrayals. And in the center of all this action is the crown prince of Mahishmati, Amrendra Bahubali.
This movie is definitely larger than life because of its high production quality and storytelling. It is great that you can watch this fantastic movie anytime for free on YouTube.
8. Bhool Bhulaiyaa
- Logline: An NRI couple decide to stay in their ancestral home, despite the warnings about ghosts. Soon, some unexplainable events cause them to call a psychiatrist to help solve the mystery.
- Year: 2007
- Genre: Horror Comedy
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, Rajpal Yadav, Paresh Rawal, Ameesha Patel
My most favorite movie on the list, it not only made me laugh like crazy but gave serious chills too. ‘Bhool Bhuliyaa’ is a classic example of how to make a perfect horror-comedy. Even after a decade of its release, Bhool Bhuliyaa is still class apart from the horror comedies made today.
The story revolves around an NRI couple Siddharth and Avni. Upon returning to India they insist on staying at the ancestral home, despite the family members’ objections. The mansion is considered to be haunted by ghosts and soon some unexplainable events make Siddharth call on his doctor friend to help solve the mystery.
It is highly unlikely that you haven’t seen this masterpiece. But in case you are slow, just drop everything and watch this epic Bollywood movie on YouTube.
9. Bol Bachchan
- Logline: A Muslim man breaks a temple lock to save a little child. For his safety, he keeps a Hindu name. One lie leads to another and a funny story begins.
- Year: 2012
- Genre: Comedy
- Cast: Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Krishna Abhishek
Bol Bachchan is one of those few Bollywood comedy movies that will make you laugh no matter how many times you watch it. Directed by Rohit Shetty with Ajay Devgan and Abhishek Bachchan in the lead role, this movie is definitely in a class of its own.
Abbas(Abhishek) breaks the lock of a temple to save a child’s life. Being a Muslim, he decides to hide his identity and starts working for Prithvi (Ajay) under a fake alias. One lie leads to another creating a ton of misunderstandings and laughter.
If by chance you haven’t watched this movie yet, I recommend you to instantly put this movie on your to-do list.
- Logline: A story of a young boy suffering from a rare disorder that causes him to age beyond his years.
- Year: 2009
- Genre: Drama, Comedy
- Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan
Playing opposite roles as son and father, Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan presents a story of the relationship of a young child suffering from Progeria with his parents.
Auro, played by Amitabh Bachchan is a happy 13-year-old kid who stays with his mother (Vidya Balan) and is initially unaware of his father’s identity who is a young politician.
I would say this is one of the best movies to watch with your parents (not Baghban)and can be easily streamed for free on Youtube.
- Logline: A biopic of a farmer residing near India-Pakistan border who accidentally crossed the border and was mistaken for an Indian spy.
- Year: 2016
- Genre: Drama, Biography
- Cast: Randeep Hooda, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Richa Chadha
Released in 2016 Sarbjit is a biographical drama based on the life of Indian farmer, Sarabjit Singh, who was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of Pakistan after being held in awful conditions in prison for 22 years.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who plays Dalbir Sarabjit’s Sister is portrayed as a strong character constantly fighting for her brother. Even after Sarabjit’s death, she promised to fulfill his last wish of being recognized as an innocent citizen.
The biopic is filled with emotional commotions and is filled with tragic incidents one can experience in life. So watch this one if you have taste for movies that trigger your emotional self.
- Logline: The movie challenges one of the most debatable topics of India’s democracy- “the Aarakshan”
- Year: 2011
- Genre: Drama
- Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan, Manoj Bajpayee
The film takes into account the controversial system of caste-based reservations in Indian government jobs and educational institutions. Although it starred some big faces from the industry like Amitab Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan, the movies performed pretty averagely at the box office.
The movie not only talks about the state of the caste system in India but openly criticizes the dominant power of Netas in democracy.
If you are someone who likes socio-political drama over typical romantic Bollywood then youtube is a perfect place to get this streamed.
13. Jonny LLB
- Logline: Jolly is a clumsy lawyer but his life changes when he gets the most critical case of his career.
- Year: 2013
- Genre: Comedy, Courtroom Drama
- Cast: Arshad Warsi, Amrita Rao, Boman Irani
Jolly LLB is a movie with a great social message with an element of comedy added to it. Filled with lots of comic moments and emotion, this movie surely has much to offer.
The story revolves around Jolly who is a lawyer by profession but still has got proper respect in his life. He does not take his work seriously and always look for shortcuts. But his life changes when he gets the most critical case of his life.
You can easily watch this Bollywood movie on YouTube for free and get the best entertainment possible.
- Logline: A story of an Indian special agent on a mission to hunt down enemies in enemies’ territory.
- Year: 2015
- Genre: Action, Thriller
- Cast: Saif Ali Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sabyasachi Chakrabarty
Who doesn’t like spy movies? I mean they are thrilling and full of action. In true honesty, Bollywood has done very less work on spy-related stories and they need to do more. But Phantom is really a masterpiece and a good inspiration for future spy movies.
The revolves around Daniyal, an Indian special agent tasked with a job to eliminate terrorist leaders living in Pakistan. He along with his team goes on a life-threatening mission filled with enemies all around.
The movie will keep you hooked at all times. The action is great and the progression of the story feels real. If you haven’t watched this movie, then what are you waiting for.
- Logline: Vijay’s father was lynched before his eyes; fifteen years later he returns home for revenge.
- Year: 2012
- Genre: Drama
- Cast: Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt
You might have noticed this thing that every remake of any popular movie does not live up to the hype. But this is not the case of Hritik’s starrer Agneepath. It is as good as the Agneepath starring the legendary Amitabh Bachchan.
It’s a revenge story of Vijay Chauhan against Kaancha, the person who killed his father when he was young. The story revolves around Vijay Chauhan, his relationships with his family.
If you want some deep emotional ride, Agneepath is the movie for you. Packed with great action, powerful dialogues, and an amazing item number, this movie is a must-watch Bollywood movie on YouTube.
- Logline: A newly married couple who have left their family and religion forsake of each other have to face the upshots of shifting to a haunted house in London.
- Year: 2008
- Genre: Horror
- Cast: Rajneesh Duggal, Adah Sharma, Indraneil Sengupta, Anjori Alagh
Possibly one of the finest Horror movies ever made in Bollywood. Directed by Vikram Bhatt, 1920 lays a simple yet scary and engaging plot. Though the story is not one of its kind, the skillful actors and over the top direction don’t leave any chance to give you chilling moments throughout the movie.
Rajniesh Duggall and Adah Sharma play as a married couple who faces the consequences of living in a haunted house. The makers did create sequels but didn’t manage to get the same hits like this one.
If you and your mates are planning to get horrified tonight, turn off the lights and find yourself a seat somewhere in the middle and watch 1920 on YouTube for free. If you like such movies, check my list of 15 Best Bollywood horror movies.
- Logline: A biographical account of writer Saadat Hasan Manto’s life in 1940s India.
- Year: 2018
- Genre: Biographical Drama
- Cast: Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rasika Dugal, Tahir Raj Bhasin
We all know how great an actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui is and over the past few years, he has taken some meaningful and challenging roles. Manto is one such addition to his profound acting career.
The movie is based on a very famous writer Saadat Hasan Manto and his life before and after partition. He was living a very content and happy life in Bombay but after the partition took place he decides to move to Pakistan where he finds himself very lonely and disoriented. The movie traces his journey of trying to find sense out of all the mess going on around him.
The movie had a lot of deep messages within that makes you wonder what we lost during the partition and was it worth it.
- Logline: A murdered lover is reincarnated as a housefly to seek revenge upon his murderer.
- Year: 2012
- Genre: Action, Comedy, Fantasy
- Cast: Sudeep, Nani, Samantha Ruth Prabhu
Originally made in Tamil and Telugu, Eaga was introduced as Makkhi for the Hindi audience. We don’t usually see Indian directors experimenting with such ideas but this movie challenges the convention and presented a mega-hit to the Indian audience that you can even watch on YouTube for free.
The story is about a guy (Nani) who was killed by a business tycoon Sundeep. The later story is about the reincarnation of Nani as a housefly, his efforts to keep Bindu (his lover) safe from Sundeep and constantly chasing him for revenge.
Don’t worry if you haven’t already watched this movie, all you need to do is click the play button on the YouTube preview above and enjoy this innovative concept by Telugu creators.
Similarly there are a lot of Indian web series free on YouTube, click on the link to check out the post.
If you like what you saw, please makes sure to share it with your other friends. Also, if you have some feedback for us then put it down in the comments below.